• Write a report on the application of population health improvement initiative outcomes to patient-centered care, based on information presented in an interactive multimedia scenario.
In this assessment, you have an opportunity to apply the tenets of evidence-based practice in both patient-centered care and population health improvement contexts. You will be challenged to think critically, evaluate what the evidence suggests is an appropriate approach to personalizing patient care, and determine what aspects of the approach could be applied to similar situations and patients.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
• Competency 1: Apply evidence-based practice to plan patient-centered care.
o Evaluate the outcomes of a population health improvement initiative.
o Develop an approach to personalizing patient care that incorporates lessons learned from a population health improvement initiative.
• Competency 2: Apply evidence-based practice to design interventions to improve population health.
o Propose a strategy for improving the outcomes of a population health improvement initiative, or for ensuring that all outcomes are being addressed, based on the best available evidence.
• Competency 3: Evaluate outcomes of evidence-based interventions.
o Propose a framework for evaluating the outcomes of an approach to personalizing patient care and determining what aspects of the approach could be applied to similar situations and patients.
• Competency 4: Evaluate the value and relative weight of available evidence upon which to make a clinical decision.
o Justify the value and relevance of evidence used to support an approach to personalizing patient care.
• Competency 5: Synthesize evidence-based practice and academic research to communicate effective solutions.
o Write clearly and logically, with correct grammar and mechanics.
o Integrate relevant and credible sources of evidence to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style.
Questions to Consider
As you prepare to complete this assessment, you may want to think about other related issues to deepen your understanding or broaden your viewpoint. You are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community. Note that these questions are for your own development and exploration and do not need to be completed or submitted as part of your assessment.
Recall an instance in which you have taken a strategy, finding, or lesson learned from one care context and applied it in another.
• What challenges did this type of knowledge transfer present?
• Did applying this knowledge in a different setting lead to improvements in the safety and quality of care? How?
• Did applying this knowledge in a different setting raise any particular ethical issues affecting the provision of care?
• Assessment Instructions
In this assessment, you will base your Patient-Centered Care Report on the scenario presented in the Evidence-Based Health Evaluation and Application media piece. Some of the writing you completed and exported from the media piece should serve as pre-writing for this assessment and inform the final draft of your report. Even though the media piece presented only one type of care setting, you can extrapolate individualized care decisions, based on population health improvement initiative outcomes, to other settings.
Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide, so be sure to address each point. In addition, you may want to review the performance level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
Writing, Supporting Evidence, and APA Style
• Write clearly and logically, using correct grammar and mechanics.
• Integrate relevant evidence from 3–5 current scholarly or professional sources to support your evaluation, recommendations, and plans.
o Apply correct APA formatting to all in-text citations and references.
o Attach a reference list to your report.
Address the following points in a 4–6 page report:
• Evaluate the expected outcomes of the population health improvement initiative that were, and were not, achieved.
o Describe the outcomes that were achieved, their positive effects on the community’s health, and any variance across demographic groups.
o Describe the outcomes that were not achieved, the extent to which they fell short of expectations, and any variance across demographic groups.
o Identify the factors (for example: institutional, community, environmental, resources, communication) that may have contributed to any achievement shortfalls.
• Propose a strategy for improving the outcomes of the population health improvement initiative, or ensuring that all outcomes are being addressed, based on the best available evidence.
o Describe the corrective measures you would take to address the factors that may have contributed to achievement shortfalls.
o Cite the evidence (from similar projects, research, or professional organization resources) that supports the corrective measures you are proposing.
o Explain how the evidence illustrates the likelihood of improved outcomes if your proposed strategy is enacted
• Develop an approach to personalizing patient care that incorporates lessons learned from the population health improvement initiative outcomes.
o Explain how the outcomes and lessons learned informed the decisions you made in your approach for personalizing care for the patient with a health condition related to the population health concern addressed in the improvement initiative.
o Ensure that your approach to personalizing care for the individual patient addresses the patient’s:
o Individual health needs.
o Economic and environmental realities.
o Culture and family.
o Incorporate the best available evidence (from both the population health improvement initiative and other relevant sources) to inform your approach and actions you intend to take.
• Justify the value and relevance of evidence you used to support your approach to personalizing care for your patient.
o Explain why your evidence is valuable and relevant to your patient’s case.
o Explain why each piece of evidence is appropriate for both the health issue you are trying to correct and for the unique situation of your patient and their family.
• Propose a framework for evaluating the outcomes of your approach to personalizing patient care.
o Ensure that your framework includes measurable criteria that are relevant to your desired outcomes.
o Explain why the criteria are appropriate and useful measures of success.
o Identify the specific aspects of your approach that are most likely to be transferable to other individual cases.
“Please, you can use outside sources so long as they are in APA format. Thanks “
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
Your urgent tasks will be completed within 4 hours. Your discussion responses and late orders will be will be handled fast and we still maintain our quality.Read more