1) Changes in the way that health care is delivered during this pandemic are needed to reduce staff exposure to ill persons, preserve personal protective equipment (PPE), and minimize the impact of patient surges on facilities. Healthcare systems have had to adjust the way they triage, evaluate, and care for patients using methods that do not rely on in-person services. Telehealth services help provide necessary care to patients while minimizing the transmission risk of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, to healthcare personnel (HCP) and patients (CDC, 2020).
2) Describe your conversation/discharge planning education with a patient being discharged from the hospital after having a stroke (CHF, Asthma, COPD) who is going to be monitored using telehealth technology. Assume this patient has never heard of telehealth before today and that the patient either is a member of a vulnerable population or lives in a rural location lacking transportation and resources for continued care. Identify how nurses can use telehealth to provide care.
Consider the following in your assessment:
a) What is your HCS’s telehealth policy? ( The Health Care System is Cleveland Clinic, the type of unit the policy applies to is ICU, see ATTACHMENT for policy). The student WILL: identify their institution’s telehealth policy and create a teaching tool that is compliant with the policy and generic to their work setting and client/staff population, including the policy in presentation (person & environment).
b) What monitoring technology are you currently working with and what will you need for this patient?
c) Who will you collaborate with for community and home assessment to determine the patient’s ability to use telehealth technology
d) What other options are available if the patient is unable to use telehealth
e) When will you start discharge planning?
f) What technology will the patient require?
g) What will you have to teach the patient?
h) Is the patient Health literacy
i) What will you monitor? note using ADPIE. The student WILL: create an authentic educational tool such as a care plan, triage algorithm, discharge plan, etc. that complies with the nursing process (ADPIE). That is engaging or interactive for the target population and is measurable. This plan will be a visual presentation that can be translated to a telehealth format (nursing). Include goals and objectives that are SMART. Include a tool to evaluate the effectiveness and generate data (pre & post-test, Likert scale, graph etc.). (health). See ATTACHMENT for example of what the PowerPoint should look like and the type of information to be included.
j) Will you need Informed consent?
k) What are the risks and safety issues you should be aware of?
1. What information would be important for this patient to know about telehealth? (King’s theory of goal attainment focuses on perceptions, communications, interactions, and transactions between nurses and clients as part of the process of mutual goal setting to achieve a state of health).
2. Using King’s model describe an aspect of patient care with telehealth that will address the specific needs of this patient. List all nursing theories that apply or influence your educational tool and correlate with the 4 concepts of the nursing metaparadigm. (be able to discuss at time of presentation).
3. Create a nursing telehealth strategy that could be implemented to address this patient’s specific needs using patient monitoring technology within the nursing process (ADPIE) format, include the patient scenario 12 Slides. The student WILL: Use their choice of visual presentation tool (sway, PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.) however all presentations require a title page, background, goal, SMART objectives content, evaluation, summary conclusion & reflection, and reference list. APA compliant 12 slides with slide citation & reference page
4. Include the principles of QSEN to address safety concerns in your nursing process
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
Your urgent tasks will be completed within 4 hours. Your discussion responses and late orders will be will be handled fast and we still maintain our quality.Read more